Reagent kit for human mitochondrial DNA sequence analysis.
The kit is intended for human identification and determination of biological kinship in the maternal line.
The test system allows for simultaneous analysis of the two most informative regions (hypervariable segments 1 and 2), which contain more than 90% of all polymorphic positions of the human mitochondrial genome. This leads to high information value of the analysis and compatibility of the results with any existing forensic databases.
The high abundance of the mitochondrial genome allows for exceptionally high sensitivity of the test system, several orders of magnitude higher than the sensitivity of the systems for analyzing chromosomal markers. A reproducible positive result can be obtained by analyzing a sample, containing less than 1 pg of genomic DNA, making MitoPlex the most sensitive identification system to date.
MitoPlex kit contains a complete set of components , required for all stages of analysis and is fully compatible with the Big Dye Terminator nucleotide kits. Simple and efficient methods , applied at each stage of analysis , make it possible to simplify the sequencing procedure and reduce the total study time to one business day.
- Amplification of HV1 and HV2 regions of human mitochondrial DNA in a single reaction.
- Analysis of sequence polymorphism by direct sequencing within one business day.
- Extremely high sensitivity of the analysis. Reproducible result when analyzing samples , containing less than 1 pg of chromosomal DNA.
- Additional targets for sex identification of the samples.
- Internal positive amplification control.
- High resistance to the presence of PCR inhibitors (humic acids, hematin, indigo carmine).
- Reaction mixtures are aliquoted in tubes and freeze-dried. Simple, minimum reaction time, lower risk of contamination.
- Express assessment of the results of amplification by real time PCR.
- Rapid purification of reaction products using sorbent spin-columns.
- Analysis of standard samples (blood, buccal epithelium) without the stage of DNA extraction. Express protocols for the analysis of standard samples using the PCR-compatible express lysis system COrDIS Sprint.
- Specialized MitoPlex software for fast and efficient analysis of the obtained data.
- Transportation and storage at room temperature. Shelf life is 12 months.
- Compatible with all modern models of genetic analyzers (ABI 310/3130/3500, Nanofor-05).