A kit for detecting human spermatozoa by fluorescence microscopy.
SPERM HY-LITERTM PLUS kit is designed for specific sensitive and reliable detection of human spermatozoa in the expert analysis of traces of sexual abuse.
The method of detection of spermatozoa is based on the use of monoclonal fluorescent-labeled antibodies, which allows to achieve an exceptionally high sensitivity and specificity of the analysis. Thanks to the simplified sample preparation (biomaterial staining) protocol, SPERM HY-LITER can be used as a fast and reliable microscopic screening method in forensic laboratories. The sample preparation process does not affect the structure of the material under analysis– the stained objects can be used for further microscopic and molecular genetic analysis.
- Microscopic screening of biomaterial for the presence of human spermatozoa.
- Rapid biomaterial staining protocol. The complete sample preparation cycle takes 50 min.
- High sensitivity and specificity of the test due to the use of high-quality monoclonal antibodies.
- No cross-reactions with animal cellular material.
- A simple and reliable method for the detection of cellular material using a fluorescent label. Able to detect even single cells.
- Two fluorescent labels (Alexa 488, DAPI) for simultaneous visualization of spermatozoa and epithelial cells.
- SPERM HY-LITERTM PI is a special version of the kit for laser microdissection (excitation of the fluorophore by long-wave radiation, in order to avoid damage to DNA and proteins).
- A fluorescent microscope is required to detect the results of the analysis.